Like many Australians, our thoughts are with the people in Victoria who have commenced stage 4 lock down restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne and stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria.
Coregas continues to operate under the guidance of the government as an essential service. Our Coregas Thomastown operations, MigoMag Geelong and Sunshine branches and national supply chain will continue to operate to ensure supply of medical, industrial and specialty gases critical for maintaining services is not interrupted. Our priority remains the supply of medical gases and supply to other essential services. We continue to work with the relevant authorities to ensure our operations are in line with the government requirements.
Coregas has developed a COVID-Safe plan and will be operating to ensure we safeguard our staff and support the nations recovery. Many of our critical team members continue to work to ensure gas requirements are fulfilled while operating with extreme care. Our operations have been adapted in the following ways;
- Sanitisation: We continue to thoroughly sanitise our products and workspaces with approved cleaning agents to ensure we eliminate any contamination sources.
- Segregation: Non-operational staff continue to service our customers remotely. Our operations team shifts have been re-organised to ensure we minimise any potential infection risks.
- PPE: Our team have been provided and are required to wear the appropriate PPE including masks and face shield to ensure a safer working environment.
- Social Distancing: Our team continues to stay connected to our customers and their colleagues. During this period, we continue to limit face to face meetings and office interactions reinforcing a minimum of 1.5m separation.
- Zero contact: Our sites and stores continue to provide a zero-contact service. We will continue zero contact deliveries and call and collect where appropriate. This has been extended to include touchless payment options, remote account management and customer service.
Coregas takes these measures seriously and is committed to supporting all efforts to restore the health of our community. If you have any questions, I encourage to contact your local account representative or our customer service team.
Executive General Manager
Essential Industry Status
For further information from the Wesfarmers group, please see the following update regarding trading restrictions in Victoria.